Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets (20 Tablets)
Buscopan IBS Relief has an antispasmodic action that specifically targets the source of IBS pain and discomfort. It starts to work in 15 minutes, acting directly on the muscle spasm in the bowel to quickly and effectively relieve the painful cramps and discomfort of IBS. Buscopan IBS Relief is gentle on the stomach and can be used at the first sign of flare-up as needed. As very little is absorbed into the bloodstream it is also unlikely to cause any side effects such as drowsiness.
What is Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (often just called IBS), the muscles of the bowel appear to be very sensitive to factors such as emotional stress and anxiety, or food intolerance. This sensitivity can cause painful cramps or spasms in the bowel, which are short-lived (bouts, rarely lasting more than a day or so), with an accompanying bloated feeling, excess wind and abdominal discomfort. Sometimes IBS causes periods of diarrhoea or constipation.
Each tablet contains 10 mg of the active ingredient hyoscine butylbromide. The other ingredients are: calcium hydrogen phosphate, maize starch, soluble starch, colloidal silica, tartaric acid, stearic acid, sucrose, talc, acacia, titanium dioxide, macrogol 6000, carnauba wax, white beeswax and povidone.
Adults and children 12 years and over: Swallow the tablet whole with water, three times a day. This can be increase to two tablets, four times a day, if required. Do not chew it.
- Always keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Only take Buscopan IBS Relief if your doctor has diagnosed that you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Do not take Buscopan IBS Relief if you:
- have glaucoma (an eye condition), megacolon (a very enlarged bowel) or myasthenia gravis (a very rare muscle weakness condition)
- are allergic to hyoscine butylbromide or any of the other ingredients of Buscopan IBS Relief.
If any of the following now apply to you, you must not use Buscopan IBS Relief without first discussing it with your doctor, even if you know you have IBS:
- If you are aged 40 years or over and it is some time since your last attack of IBS or the symptoms are different this time.
- If you have recently passed blood from the bowel.
- If you suffer from severe constipation.
- If you are feeling sick or vomiting.
- If you have lost your appetite or lost weight.
- If you have difficulty or pain passing urine.
- If you have a fever.
- If you have recently travelled abroad.
You should also tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the following apply to you:
- If you are pregnant or likely to become pregnant or if you are breastfeeding.
- If you have a very fast heart rate or other heart problems.
- If you have previously been treated by a doctor for a severe sweating disorder.
- If you are taking an antidepressant, major tranquilliser, antihistamine, antiviral drug, dopamine antagonist (e.g. metclopramide), or a medicine to treat a heart problem.
- Buscopan IBS Relief can occasionally cause temporary vision problems. If affected do not drive or operate machinery.
While we try our best to make sure that all product information published on our website is correct and up to date, you should always read the product packaging and labels for information regarding ingredients, directions for use and allergy information prior to use or consumption.
Have your products delivered for £2.90 and have them delivered within 3-5 working days.
Next Day Delivery
Next day delivery is available for £3.95 and is available on orders placed before 12.30pm Monday – Friday. Orders placed with next day delivery are usually delivered between 8am and 9pm the following day.
If you’re not completely happy with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days and receive a full refund. Click here to find out more about our returns policy.