Care Potassium Citrate Mixture (200ml)
Care Potassium Citrate Mixture relieves symptoms of cystitis and other minor urinary tract infections (UTIs). This medicine contains potassium citrate which makes urine less acidic, so there is less irritation when urinating.
- Relieves cystitis and minor UTI symptoms.
- Contains potassium citrate.
- Take the solution by mouth.
Active ingredient per 5ml: potassium citrate 1.5g.
The other ingredients are: citric acid monohydrate (E330), quillaia tincture, lemon oil terpeneless, ethanol, sodium benzoate (E211), sucrose and purified water.
Take one or two 5ml spoonfuls and dilute them with water. Take this solution by mouth three times a day, after meals. If you are or are giving it to someone under the age of 6 then only take one spoonful instead. Those under the age of 1 can not take this medicine.
Follow all directions on your medicine label and package. Tell each of your healthcare providers about all your medical conditions, allergies, and all medicines you use.
You should not use potassium citrate if you have:
- high levels of potassium in your blood (hyperkalemia);
- kidney failure;
- a bladder or kidney infection;
- untreated or uncontrolled diabetes;
- an adrenal gland disorder;
- a blockage in your intestines;
- problems with your oesophagus, stomach, or intestines that affect swallowing or digestion;
- a peptic ulcer in your stomach;
- wasting syndrome;
- a large tissue injury (such as a severe burn);
- if you are dehydrated or malnourished; or
- if you take a "potassium-sparing" diuretic (amiloride, eplerenone, spironolactone, or triamterene).
Tell your doctor if you have ever had:
- kidney problems other than kidney stones;
- too much acid in your body (acidosis);
- a stomach ulcer;
- heart problems; or
- chronic diarrhoea (such as ulcerative colitis, and Crohn's disease).
It is not known whether potassium citrate will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It may not be safe to breastfeed while using this medicine. Ask your doctor about any risks. Potassium citrate is not approved for use by anyone younger than 18 years old.
While we try our best to make sure that all product information published on our website is correct and up to date, you should always read the product packaging and labels for information regarding ingredients, directions for use and allergy information prior to use or consumption.
Have your products delivered for £2.90 and have them delivered within 3-5 working days.
Next Day Delivery
Next day delivery is available for £3.95 and is available on orders placed before 12.30pm Monday – Friday. Orders placed with next day delivery are usually delivered between 8am and 9pm the following day.
If you’re not completely happy with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days and receive a full refund. Click here to find out more about our returns policy.