Dioralyte Blackcurrant Flavour (6 Sachets)
Dioralyte Blackcurrant Flavour is a fast and effective rehydration treatment – it helps to replace the loss of fluid and body salts caused by diarrhoea. Dioralyte has been specially formulated to contain a balance of essential body salts (for your wellbeing) and glucose (to better absorb the body salts and water). It hyrates you faster and more effectively than water alone.
- 6 sachets of oral electrolyte powder
- Blackcurrant flavour
- Rehydration treatment
- For fast and effective replacement of lost water and body salts
The active substances are glucose, sodium chloride, potassium chloride and disodium hydrogen citrate.
The other ingredients are saccharin sodium, silicon dioxide. The blackcurrant version also contains blackcurrant flavour.
How many sachets to take
- If you are being sick take the medicine in small sips
- It is best not to eat during the early stages of diarrhoea
- If the diarrhoea lasts for more than 24 to 48 hours see your doctor
Adults (including the elderly): One or two sachets after each loose stool.
Children: One sachet after each loose stool.
Babies up to 2 years old: This medicine should only be given under the guidance of a doctor (please read the enclosed leaflet for more information).
- Empty the contents of 1 sachet into a glass.
- Add 200 ml (7 fl oz) of water.
- Stir until the powder dissolves. When your medicine is fully dissolved, the drink will be a colourless solution.
Preparing this medicine
- Dioralyte must be mixed with water before taking.
- Prepare just before the medicine is going to be taken. Do not make in advance. If you are giving it to a baby over the course of the day, you can keep the drink in a refrigerator for up to 24 hours
- Only dissolve the powder in water. Do not dissolve it in anything else
- Use fresh drinking water for adults and children over 1 year old. If fresh water is not available, use water which has been freshly boiled and cooled
- Always use water which has been freshly boiled and cooled for babies aged 3 months to 1 year
Do not take Dioralyte and talk to your doctor or pharmacist if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to glucose, sodium chloride, potassium chloride and disodium hydrogen citrate or any of the other ingredients of Dioralyte (see Section 6: Further information)
- Signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling ofyour lips, face, throat or tongue • Your bowel is partially or fully blocked (called ‘intestinal obstruction’)
- Do not take this medicine if any of the above apply to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Dioralyte.
Check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if:
- The child taking the medicine is under 2 years old
- The diarrhoea has lasted for more than 24-48 hours, you may need other treatment
- You have chronic or persistent diarrhoea
- You are on a low potassium or low sodium diet
- You have liver or kidney disease
- You have diabetes
If you are not sure if any of the above apply to you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Dioralyte.
If nausea and vomiting are present with the diarrhoea, small but frequent amounts should be drunk at first.
While we try our best to make sure that all product information published on our website is correct and up to date, you should always read the product packaging and labels for information regarding ingredients, directions for use and allergy information prior to use or consumption.
Have your products delivered for £2.90 and have them delivered within 3-5 working days.
Next Day Delivery
Next day delivery is available for £3.95 and is available on orders placed before 12.30pm Monday – Friday. Orders placed with next day delivery are usually delivered between 8am and 9pm the following day.
If you’re not completely happy with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days and receive a full refund. Click here to find out more about our returns policy.