Fluconazole Thrush Relief 150mg (1Dose Pack)
Fluconazole 150mg capsule is a treatment which can be used for vaginal thrush (Candidal vaginitis), thrush affecting the penis (Candidal balanitis), and other kinds of fungal infections throughout the body. It belongs to a class of drugs called azole antifungals and works by stopping the growth of certain types of fungus. This means that Fluconzaole works for thrush by targeting the source of infection, working quickly and effectively to provide relief.
What is thrush?
Thrush is a fungal yeast infection that can occur across the body. The main locations for thrush are the mouth, vagina, penis and skin (particularly armpits, groin and between your fingers). It thrives in warm moist conditions. It usually causes a red, itchy, painful rash that scales over with a white or yellowish discharge. Some common symptoms of thrush include:
A white, cottage cheese-like discharge.
Itching around the outside of the vagina.
Soreness, redness, or irritation of the vagina.
Stinging or soreness while peeing or during sex.
Irritation, burning and redness around the head of the penis and under the foreskin.
A white discharge.
An unpleasant smell.
Difficulty pulling back the foreskin.
What causes Thrush
Thrush is caused when the delicate balance between the good bacteria and natural yeasts that live in the body is disrupted. This imbalance can happen for many reasons, including:
- Some medicines and antibiotics.
- Sexual activity.
- Perfumed soap, shower gels, and bubble baths.
- Wearing tight clothing.
The active substance is fluconazole. Each hard capsule contains 150 mg of fluconazole.
The other ingredients are: Capsule content: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinised maize starch, colloidal anhydrous silica, magnesium stearate and sodium lauryl sulfate. Capsule shell composition: titanium dioxide (E171), quinoline yellow (E104), sunset yellow (E110) and gelatin.
In adults aged 16 – 60 years: Take 150 mg single oral dose.
Not recommended in children aged under 16 years or patients aged over 60 years.
- If your symptoms don’t change within 4 days, seek medical advice.
- If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or are breastfeeding, you should speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medication.
- Some medicines should not be taken at the same time as Fluconazole, as they can interact and cause unwanted effects, for a full list of which medications should not be used with this product please read the patient information leaflet.
- Do not use this product if you are allergic to Fluconazole, other medications which treat fungal infections, or any of the other listed ingredients in this medicine.
Speak to your Doctor or Pharmacist before taking this product if you:
- Have had thrush more than twice in the past 6 months.
- You or your partner have had exposure to a sexually transmitted disease (STD).
- Have abnormal or irregular vaginal bleeding, or blood-stained discharge.
- Have irregular penile discharge or leakage.
- Have sores, ulcers, or blisters.
- Suffer from any other chronic disease or illness.
- Have any disease or illness affecting your liver or kidneys, or have had unexplained jaundice.
While we try our best to make sure that all product information published on our website is correct and up to date, you should always read the product packaging and labels for information regarding ingredients, directions for use and allergy information prior to use or consumption.
Have your products delivered for £2.90 and have them delivered within 3-5 working days.
Next Day Delivery
Next day delivery is available for £3.95 and is available on orders placed before 12.30pm Monday – Friday. Orders placed with next day delivery are usually delivered between 8am and 9pm the following day.
If you’re not completely happy with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days and receive a full refund. Click here to find out more about our returns policy.