Imodium Original 2mg Capsules (18 Capsules)
Imodium Original is a treatment that can be used to ease short term diarrhoea and for the symptomatic treatment of acute episodes of diarrhoea associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome in adults aged 18 years and over following initial diagnosis by a doctor.
- Fast and effective relief.
- Acts within one hour of taking.
- Slow down an overactive bowel.
- Helps your body to absorb water and salts.
The active ingredient in Imodium Original 2mg Capsules is: Loperamide hydrochloride 2mg per capsule. Other ingredients are: Lactose, maize starch, talc and magnesium stearate (E572).
The capsule itself is made up of titanium dioxide (E171), black ferrous oxide (E172), yellow ferric oxide (E172), indigo carmine (E132), erythrosine (E127) and gelatin.
Sudden short-lived (acute) diarrhoea:
Adults and children over 12 years: Two capsules (4 mg) initially, followed by one capsule (2 mg) after each loose stool. The usual dose is 3-4 capsules (6 mg – 8 mg) a day. The total daily dose should not exceed 6 capsules (12 mg) in a 24 hour period.
Diarrhoea associated with Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) already diagnosed by a doctor: Two capsules (4 mg) to be taken initially, followed by 1 capsule (2 mg) after every loose stool, or as previously advised by your doctor. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 6 capsules (12 mg) in a 24 hour period.
Not recommended for use in children under 12 years.
- Do not take more than 6 tablets in any 24-hour period.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- Read the leaflet carefully before use.
- Do not use this product if you are allergic to Loperamide or any of the other listed ingredients.
- If you are treating short term diarrhoea, you should not take Imodium Capsules for more than 48 hours. If your diarrhoea lasts longer than this, stop use and speak to your doctor.
- If you are treating diarrhoea caused by IBS, you can take this medicine for up to 2 weeks at a time to treat repeated attacks. However, you should not take this product to treat any attack which lasts longer than 48 hours. Speak to your doctor if your attack lasts for more than 48 hours or if your symptoms have not improved after 2 weeks.
- If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
While we try our best to make sure that all product information published on our website is correct and up to date, you should always read the product packaging and labels for information regarding ingredients, directions for use and allergy information prior to use or consumption.
Have your products delivered for £2.90 and have them delivered within 3-5 working days.
Next Day Delivery
Next day delivery is available for £3.95 and is available on orders placed before 12.30pm Monday – Friday. Orders placed with next day delivery are usually delivered between 8am and 9pm the following day.
If you’re not completely happy with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days and receive a full refund. Click here to find out more about our returns policy.