Salactol Wart Paint (10ml)
Salactol Wart Paint is a collodion wart paint for the treatment of warts, verrucas, corns and calluses. It works by softening the hard skin growth, making it easier to remove with a pumice stone or emery board, and helping to kill the virus that causes warts and verrucas.
- Treats warts, verrucas, corns, and calluses
- Suitable for use by adults, children, and the elderly
- Active ingredients: salicylic acid and lactic acid
The active ingredients are salicylic acid (16.7% w/w) and lactic acid (16.7% w/w).
The other ingredients are pyroxylin, colophony, castor oil, industrial methylated spirit and ether.
Use it only on warts, verrucas, corns and calluses on sites for which it is recommended.
For adults, children and the elderly: Follow these steps once every day, usually in the evening. Carry on using the product in this way until the wart, verruca, corn or callus disappears:
- Soak the affected area in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dry the area thoroughly, using your own towel if you have a wart or verruca (this will help stop the infection spreading to other people).
- Gently rub away any loose, hard skin from the surface of the wart, verruca, corn or callus with an emery board or a piece of pumice stone:
- if you are treating a wart or verruca, do not let anyone else use the emery board or pumice stone after you as the infection may spread to them.
- Unscrew the cap of the bottle and, using the applicator attached to the inside of the cap, carefully apply a few drops of the paint to the top of the wart, verruca, corn or callus only: avoid spreading onto surrounding healthy skin; allow each drop to dry for a few minutes before applying the next drop.
- If the treated area is on the sole of the foot, cover it with an adhesive plaster to help prevent the virus from spreading. Elsewhere, treated areas need not be covered.
- Always replace the cap of the bottle tightly after use.
- Repeat steps every evening, after removing any plaster from the previous day.
- The length of treatment will vary depending on the size and resistance of the wart, verruca, corn or callus:
- some may go in a relatively short time;
- some warts and verrucas can require up to 12 weeks treatment before they disappear;
- it is important that you do not give up on the treatment until the wart, verruca, corn or callus has disappeared (unless irritation occurs)
- if the wart, verruca, corn or callus has not disappeared after twelve weeks of treatment tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- If Salactol accidentally gets on to normal skin, wipe it off straight away with a tissue, and, if necessary, wash the area.
- If Salactol accidentally gets into the eye or is swallowed, go to a hospital Accident & Emergency department straight away.
- If you inhale a lot of the vapour from the product it may make you feel light-headed. If this happens, get plenty of fresh air.
- If you forget to use Salactol – do not worry if you occasionally forget to use this product, just carry on using it when you
- If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
While we try our best to make sure that all product information published on our website is correct and up to date, you should always read the product packaging and labels for information regarding ingredients, directions for use and allergy information prior to use or consumption.
Have your products delivered for £2.90 and have them delivered within 3-5 working days.
Next Day Delivery
Next day delivery is available for £3.95 and is available on orders placed before 12.30pm Monday – Friday. Orders placed with next day delivery are usually delivered between 8am and 9pm the following day.
If you’re not completely happy with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days and receive a full refund. Click here to find out more about our returns policy.